Caught on Video
First question: What are the parameters of security/privacy for recording in a classroom? Would a waiver have to be signed even for recordings to be made of the student while presenting in a classroom even if the video is only streamed to their parents or classmates? It seems that there would be many privacy waivers at the beginning of the year and precautions to take.
I love the idea of presenting clips from the classroom of student work. It seems that it would give more focus on how the student actually is performing versus a recap from the perspective of a teacher. When Professor Adair showed videos of student projects, I was surprised by the quality and detail that went into their work. Integrating recordings into the basic outline of the class would bring a stronger sense of ownership for students. I wonder though how certain students would feel if they needed accommodations in case they have a social anxiety. It seems that students could either feel more comfortable having to only speak to a video or having the ability to control the environment for videos. That would make me question though again the parameters for which we could record students.
I was wondering the same thing about the restrictions on video in classrooms. I mean there are a lot of prerequisite forms and security measures that a teacher has to take to make sure that they are not breaking any laws, or anything. Then, a teacher must consider what to do with the students whose parents allow them to be recorded. How would the teacher record a lesson if there are a few students who cannot be recorded. There are a lot of things to consider. However, if all of these security measures are met to the full, then recording students in the classroom is a really good idea. It would really help with student development.
ReplyDelete