Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reflection #5

I found this absolutely amazing site by chance.

National Gallery of Art

This site provides parents and educators different ways to "play" with art with technology.  The fun textures and different mediums just instantly captured my interest.  Any site that introduces a way to explore art deserves recognition.  There are programs that even use found items as a collage on the page, making it seem 3D or realistic.  There are different styles of art that can be created with their programs, guided by the styles in art (ie. folk art, collage realistic, abstract, 3D models, etc.).  This site also gives other resources so that the educator or parent may have cd-roms of info/programs, magazine articles, guides to projects, and notable events or exhibits.  Having the realistic aspects of art heightened by technology will not only foster interest from students but integrate learning into play.

1 comment:

  1. This site is such a cool resource! I think that it is a great example of creative ways to integrate the use of technology in subjects that you might not think of immediately. I know that art was not a subject that came to my mind as I was considering technology integration, but to see the way that this site equips educators, students, and/or parents to get involved in the creation and appreciation of art is really cool.

    ReplyDelete