Monday, March 18, 2013

Reflection #7

Prom Invites

Hmm.  This may not be related to education but could lead into a discussion about the rising creativity of students.  If students are creative in ways that do not harness technology, think of how greatly this could be expanded with the use of technology.  It seems that there is such a big increase in videos being uploaded on youtube with parodies or small comedy sketches by younger children.

Musical Sessions by Kids:
Lennon and Maisy (cups)
Lennon and Maisy (I Won't Give Up)

Lego Clip not by a kid:
Stop Motion

I came across videos made with a stop motion program (ikitmovie).  It would be interesting to set up, in the higher levels of elementary ed or middle school, a video recording station where students could create video scenes of what they have learned.  Perhaps students could create a stop-and-go lego production of a historical event.  I remember there was an A/V Club in our school, but they still worked with very bulky cameras then.  With video devices being cheaper, more portable, and easier to access, students could express their creativity in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment