Sunday, February 3, 2013
Week 4
The SMART Board is not just a presentation tool but can be integrated into the classroom for students to even use for the benefit of their learning. Students, if taught correctly, can appropriately interact with the board even outside of classroom lectures. When I first knew of the SMART Board, I thought it would only be more beneficial to students from middle school to high school. I still am having struggles with differentiating between the lessons taught on the SMART Board and activities/games that utilize the SMART Board. I do not believe I see much of a distinction because of my mindset of technology. I wish we also had the small tablets (just the writing feature/image capture aspect) where those could be integrated with the SMART Board alongside "clickers." As a side note, I appreciated that Professor Adair recommended having also a concrete activity for the other students at the desks. Our goal as educators are to help engage all students and not just the one. There are just so many levels of this, I fear I may drop the ball at some point. This is the aspect of multitasking that educators must face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment