Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Reflection #2

I just realized how much of an issue it is that the older generation have an even harder time with technology than we do.  When my family members ask about technology, since I'm the most "techie" person, I'm the one who they turn to in order to email, figure out online billing, etc.  I just realized that in my church (Seattle Chinese Alliance Church), we are gravitating to this larger production style of service.  I have decided to pursue an endeavor to bring the older generation to a newer ability to grasp knowledge.  Technology in a classroom is not only about the teacher trying to be updated to work toward the newer generation, but it is also bridging the gap for those in the past.  I sent out an email to some friends in the tech field to see if they would lead small live sessions or maybe even videos of how to's.  This way, our parents, grandparents, etc. can learn technology in a friendly way.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment