Friday, April 19, 2013

Reflection #12

Using Movie Maker for the first time, I've run into some issues.  Though problem solving is quite intuitive to my nature, I wonder why the creators neglected to incorporate more user-friendly options.  It seems that the basic functions are there; you can even edit the sound clips--with some effort though.  Why is it that when you add more pictures/sounds in front of previous work, it does not shift or insert the bulk of your work behind the new additions, but rather makes it overlap?  I don't understand why I have to go back into the program to manually shift all else to match with the gap made by the additional pieces.

I wonder how I would help students build these problem-solving skills when it comes to technology.  It seems that it requires for the user to have some experience--though not with that issue.  Users would also have to have some practical sense.  I have a friend who would not be able to work out issues so easily.  How would I help students persevere through frustrating technical issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment