abc's tv show
I came across this and thought it was a bit ridiculous. This show basically has parents betting on what their child will choose to do. The justification is that this money goes into the child's college tuition fund. I just find that it errs a bit on the side of exploitation. Although the child is simply playing, the fact that it is televised and a form of gambling makes it seem rather sketchy. Rather like running a test to see if a mouse can navigate properly through a maze to find the door with the cheese. Do you think this borderlines the inappropriateness of media and entertainment?
Yeah, this is a bit sketchy to me. How can they guarantee that the money goes into a college fund?
ReplyDeleteI can see them thinking this is just an innocent way to entertain themselves, but the show seems too easy to manipulate. I can't quite figure out what it is that I don't like about the show, but it doesn't sit well with me, either. And besides, can't we find something better to entertain ourselves with than watching a bunch of toddlers play on television?
I agree, I feel like if they were going to use it for their child's tuition fund, they should do it in a way that sets a good example for that child. Gambling is not the greatest example I can think of for children to model after.
ReplyDelete