Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 2

Sir Ken Robinson stirs up such hope for a new direction to which education should be taken.  It is an educator's call to arms for movement outward and not necessarily forward. When we look forward, our goals still match the road that we have been treading on.  Although he does not speak in specifics, so many different manners of which this idea could apply came like a flood.  A current example of how technology is helping change the look of education is in clicker classes.  I just love the idea of giving students the ability to respond in different ways other than just raising hands and answering questions.  Although I know that both have exceptions, merits, and flaws; it makes for a case that we should be pursuing more creative ways to draw in technology in a classroom.

I wonder if we could develop this idea further to have children with tablets to submit classwork while learning a concept.  (Traditionally: calling a student to the whiteboard/chalkboard to do math problems.)  Students could try their attempt in solving problems and on the board, it would anonymously display the full work of all the students on the smart board.  Teachers would be the ones to help correct without shaming the student by explaining why it may not work correctly--I'm thinking specifically Algebra in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment