While technology itself could easily take over a lesson, the key lies in the integration of technology--not allowing it to be the focus but rather in the art of teaching. To sum up the main criteria for an effective use of technology, we have to ask ourselves two things:
- How does it help students learn the curriculum/content?
- Do I know how to use it well?
This shows where the focal point of the class lies. The point is to be effective teachers, not magicians or entertainers. While those roles may help us peak students' curiosities to a state of learning, everything we do must be centered around helping every student succeed. Technology is just another resource we may use to raise the standard of education. I hope to use it well, so that students may find relevance in all that they learn.
My focus from NETS for Teachers:
The first NET for Teachers which highlights facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity.
The first NET for Teachers which highlights facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity.
- teachers to use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Throughout this class, I have thought carefully about how I would integrate technology to allow students the ability to be creative, educated, and innovative. I did not necessarily think "oh I need to fulfill this NET" for every project; it was an innate and inseparable desire that I'm certain most teachers would want for their students. Looking in hindsight, the NETS are simply unnecessary to define--they should be always be present (though some are indeed, situational). For my teaching style, this NET defines my focus. They cannot be separated.
No comments:
Post a Comment